Last Updated: January 31, 2017
Personal Information We May Collect
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable person. The Personal Information we may collect in connection with our provision of the Services includes:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Information about your preferences, such as your preferred means of communication.
How We May Collect Personal Information
We and our service providers may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the Services: We may collect Personal Information through the Services, e.g., when you sign up for a newsletter or contact us via the Website.
- From Other Sources: We may collect your Personal Information from other sources with your consent or as permitted or required by law, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (including from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected) and from other third parties.
How We May Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters, coupons or other product information.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Services and changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- To communicate with you regarding your inquiries and provide you with related customer service.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To personalize your experience on the Services by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality.
- To create aggregate information that does not personally identify you or any other user of the Services (for example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence applicable to us, our affiliates or service providers; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- To our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other services.
- By you, on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to other users and the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose any information on the Services.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence applicable to us, our affiliates or service providers; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Other Information We May Collect
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as:
- Browser and device information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information (such as country location or day and month of birth)
- Aggregated information
How We May Collect and Use Other Information
We and our third party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
- Using Adobe Flash technology (including Flash Local Shared Objects (“Flash LSOs”)) and other similar technologies: We may use Flash LSOs and other technologies to, among other things, collect and store information about your use of the Services. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions (which may include instructions that explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash LSOs (referred to as “information” on the Macromedia site), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your computer without your being asked, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including those used in connection with the Services.
- IP Address: Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems and administering the Services. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
How We May Use and Disclose Other Information
Third Party Services
Third Party Advertisers
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites or online services, based on information relating to your access to and use of the Services and other websites or online services. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through use of pixel tags). If you would like more information about this practice, and to learn about your choices in connection with it, please visit:
http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and http://www.aboutads.info/.
The file containing your Personal Information is maintained on our servers or those of our service providers and is accessible to our authorized employees, representatives and agents who require access in connection with their job responsibilities. We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
Choices and Access
How You Can Opt Out From Receiving Electronic Communications From Us
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out by sending an email to email@example.com, or by selecting the “opt out” or “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of an email you have received from us.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt-out.
How You Can Access, Change or Suppress Your Personal Information
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress or delete Personal Information that you have previously provided to us, you may contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mailing us at 255 Shoreline Drive, Suite 450, Redwood City, CA 94065.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of such promotion). There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records (such as back-up systems), which will not be removed.
Use of Services by Minors
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that they not provide Personal Information through the Services.
The Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, province, country or territory other than that of the United States. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, or criminal background) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive information in your emails to us.